Gaming Discussions

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Consoles

Submitted by CaptainKirk, , Thread ID: 185155

Thread Closed
30-10-2020, 12:32 PM
Anyone excited about and/orpre-ordering the newXbox Series X Console? How about it's little brother Xbox Series S?

I am still on the fence, and actually still on the other side of the fence. After purchases the Xbox One X a few years ago on day one (Scorpio Edition at full retail if I recall being $499), I am slightly salty that there is a chance ofnew games coming out and my full retail paid Xbox One X might not be able to play them.

I have gotten into more PC games now since I have a couple high-end gaming PCs, and although I still have a core group pf friends on Xbox, it is no longer like it used to be. Xbox Party Chat was the only thing tying me to a console. No matter the graphics quality and output of any console, as everyone knows, PC takes the cake, obviously at a higher price tag. For the first time in a decade, I have allowed my Xbox Live subscription to lapse and other than a "keeping up with the Jone's", "got to have it" reason, I cannot see any reason to not buy the new Xbox Series X, let alone the Xbox Series S console.

Even though I highly doubt I will be purchasing one, nonetheless, it does seem cool as heck,and I could not blame anyone for dropping the ching on one, especially if you are still rocking an 360 as your primary console. $499 for the Series X and $299 for the Series S seems about par for the course.

So who is going all in? Anyone demoed or beta tested the Xbox Series X console? I see some pre-sale units are going for about $1000 on Ebay.