Garry's Mod Leaks

DarkRP Permanent Propreties

Submitted by skyZ1911, , Thread ID: 21036

Thread Closed
10-05-2016, 05:28 PM
This post was last modified: 10-05-2016, 05:50 PM by skyZ1911
https://scriptfodder.com/scripts/view/20...rma-houses

First available Private Properties-and-Houses system
Permanent Properties is the first addon allowing your players to have their OWN and PERMANENT house on your server.
Your players have too much money ? You want to build a player loyalty ? This addon is the one you need then.
The videos and pictures showing the 3D panels are outdated, it still look the same but with more buttons.
Features :
  • Permanent Private property system (Once you buy the house, it's yours, no one else can buy it, even if you're offline)
  • NEW You can also only let players buy the house for X days (see the config guide), and it will be sold after X days (at the next reboot of the X days)
  • NEW You can also give your rights to another player (give the house)
  • Auto saving owner's props (Each 5 mins, but he can use the button on the panel to manual save the props)
  • Allowing owner's friends to spawn their props in the property, the owner can add buddies using the 3D panel of his house.
  • Fancy Easy to use 3D panel for houses, Owners can add buddies, lock/unlock all the doors at the same ad sell his house time using the panel, Buddies can only lock/unlock all the doors, and everyone can ring the bell
  • Each house has it's own 3D panel (At least two per houses, in and out the house).
  • The doors in the privates houses are handled by the addon, no need to re-buy them, if you're co-owner, just use your keys on it [Image: 172847b453.jpg]
ONLY DEDICATED SERVERS ARE SUPPORTED, NO DYNAMIC IP !
Demo of the 3D Panel
Compatibles maps :
  • rp_rockford (v1b and v2a) : 8 houses
  • rp_downtown_v4c_v2 : 8 houses
  • rp_retribution_v2 : 8 houses
  • rp_evocity_v33x : 7 houses
  • rp_evocity2_v5p : 6 houses
  • rp_paralake_city_v3 : 7 houses
    I advise you to rise the home prices, because players will rush the houses to buy them, only setting a high price to the houses will equilibrate the Supply/demand ratio.
More maps and houses are coming, I'm waiting for your advice, tell me the maps you want to see.
I'm not adding all the houses because it does require too much time and you need some non-perma houses for casual players.
You can find a more complete guide there with a video showing you how to add your own house, don't worry I'll add houses for more maps but i need you to tell me which maps Wink , don't forget, there are tools to help you making houses, just check the video)
FAQ
How do i know if i can buy a house ?
First, there will be the name of the house (which the dev of your server change in the house_list.lua file), under this name, if there is a price, you can buy it, else they will be the Owner name at the moment he bought the house.
How to buy/rent houses ?
Each houses has at least two 3D panels, one inside and one outside, so each houses has it's own panels, no more ugly npc buying system. It's 2016 cmon ! Not 1970
The player can't chose if he buy or rent the house, it's defined in the config file.
So how the panel works ?
You don't have to worry about what you can do, if you can't use a button, there will be a red STOP sign on it, you can't miss it. To use it, stay close to it, and press E or left click. Garry's mod use system working like a cone, not a line so if you're too far from the button and the door is near the button (so the door in your field of view), you may open the door accidentally.
Yeah but what the panel can do ?
  1. Buy/rent/sell the house
  2. Ring the bell
  3. Manadge "buddies" to add co-owners
  4. Lock/Unlock all doors at the same time, before going on VACation (jk)
  5. Manually save props, if the owner don't want to wait for the -each-5mn-autosave-
  6. Give your rights to someone else (You give all your rights, it means you're not the owner anymore)
So it's perma , well if i want it to be perma ? how the doors system is handled ?
-It's handled by the addon, that's WHY YOU NEED TO READ THE INSTALL GUIDE AND SEE WHICH LUA FILE YOU NEED TO EDIT, owner and co-owners don't need to buy the doors, they will have access to the door using their keys and the 3D panel
So i got my perma houses but some doors are buy-able , wtf
It's because installing the addon, one of your admins did set them as "buy-able", that's why, set them back at non-buy-able and it will be okay. I did test the addon on a fresh-installed-darkp, i didn't have this problem but on a 64/64 server, admin did add the doors before.
If a player leave the server for one week, what happened ?
Depend how you config the addon, if you set houses.BuyhouseforHowmanydays to 0, nothing will happen after one week. But you can change the var of houses.BuyhouseforHowmanydays to any number and it will become the number of day he will rent the house. After the X days, the house will be sold on the next reboot.
Why no support perma props for co-owners ?
Let's say the owner got perma props, he disconnect, then few mins later his props are removed by your prop protection system (they will be auto-restored when he comes back, to prevent prop spam on the server), his friends who can spawn props and save them (right now, only spawn them, not save) put some props at the same position the owner did ... then he come back and boom .... prop conflict..
Wait , so saved props are only coming back when the owner is connected
Yes but co-owner can still put with duplicator (or not if you disabled it) their props (but will not be saved). Let me explain you why only Owners props are saved and restored only when he comes back Let's say you have 8 houses on your server, and the prop-limit is 30. It does add 240 props to the server (max), that's non-negligible performance impact.
Now let's say co-owners's props are saved, and each house has like 40 props. It now adds 320 props to your server, that's more entities to deal with it, less fps for your server.
How hard it is to add houses ?
Adding houses does require some knowledge, like basic maths and how coordinates works. But, there two tools and a video (Warning, french accent) and the install guide helping you adding houses. It's tricky, not hard, you just have to understand what Lua is, it's just like filling boxes, see the video and you'll get it.
French install guide, the english one has more infos
Can i request houses add new maps ?
If you bought the addon before 18/02/2016 (DD/MM/YYYY) you can request maps for free.
Else i don't think i'll add more maps, it takes me time to add maps, you have the tools to add houses on maps, each house take like 2 min to add, there is also a video explaining everything you need to add houses, so yeah...
So i'm in singleplayer and-- ?
Don't add houses in single player, the panels are not goint to work, because the server will think your steamID is Zero, and the client (you) will got your real steamID. (There are protection on server and on client side) Don't go in singleplayer, and don't host the server on your Gmod client, use a dedicated server tool with a static ip (AKA A god damn dedicated server)
SQL ? No it's saving .txt in your data folder.

Content locked
This content has been locked. Please login or register in order to unlock it.