The Lounge

Serious My recent illness and what's going on.

Submitted by Nasyr, , Thread ID: 26353

Thread Closed

RE: My recent illness and what's going on.

This post was last modified: 23-12-2016, 10:13 PM by Silence
23-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Faded Wrote:
They will only make you 'happy' temporarily. I have a class in psychology and the teacher explained that you are guaranteed to lose more than actually gain from them.

Does your teacher have a degree in medicine? Has your teacher also explained the fact that things may not work because you mentally condition yourself for them to not work, such is happening with more and more people because everyone says that the medicine doesn't work. It does exactly what it's supposed to do. They aren't supposed to MAKE you "happy" for a lengthened period of time, they are supposed to help you help yourself. If you begin to become dependent on it, then that's when a problem ensues. Explain what more is to be 'lost' than 'gained' while taking the medication?

This is something I talked in depth with my medical psychologist (psychologist who has went to medical school and can prescribe medicine, not just listen to bitching), about this and he and I both came to the conclusion. The only problem with the medicine is if you are taking the wrong one, if you aren't taking it, you take it too much or if you become dependent.

23-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Nasyr Wrote:
As somebody who has been on several different ones it's true what you are saying. You begin to rely on them and your mood changes so much that you basically begin to feel like a different person.

Which ones did you take? Your mood is supposed to elevate, but you're not supposed to feel like a different person, but to a state before the 'depression kicked in.'

The first three antidepressants I was prescribed didn't work, so my doctor prescribed me something that will help ease my anxiety as well as help with my depression. That one helped a lot, on top of my separate pills for anxiety. They have different types of antidepressants to top it off. If you end up having to get put on an antidepressant again, try telling your doctor exactly which ones you've taken, as well as to give a dosage that's strong enough to help but not strong enough to cause an addiction/reliance.
fady is a stupid cuck boi - silence