The Lounge

Serious Security Over Liberty?

Submitted by Bubble, , Thread ID: 33259

Thread Closed

RE: Security Over Liberty?

In my opinion, I think we shouldn't sacrifice our freedom, even though "Freedom" is a bit illusive. The richest people control this world, and everything is alright until a crysis happens, and when it does, money talks louder, and those rich people are the first to get their ass saved, and there is no equal rights at all. Remember that Snowden case? Yeah, WikiLeaks confirmed what Snowden snitched (That the government was spying on us), yet there is not a single change, and it remains as a conspiracy.
Everyone says that we should think outside the box, but au contraire, in school, we learn how to repeat information instead of actually thinking outside the box, so that we don't become a threat to the status quo. Our "freedom" is get a job, pay our taxes and bills, to perpetuate our servitude to our political overlords. But oh well, whereas we follow the rules, we get some security and safety in return. So it's not bad at all. As long as we don't get into trouble and we know how to settle things up peacefully, we'll be alright. In here it comes another factor, the human being. Crimes happen because people, most of them happen of their own accord.
Concluding, with "Freedom", things are bad already, without it? I can't imagine how would it be. Probably our world leaders would see us as machines to feed their wills, and reasons has speaking evil of them or whatsoever would be a good reason enough to get us killed. Days would be gray.

I hope i could explain my point of view towards this topic mate.