Gaming Discussions

what is better? CounterStrike or Garrys mod?

Submitted by MrJaro, , Thread ID: 32357

Thread Closed

RE: what is better? CounterStrike or Garrys mod?

This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 02:39 PM by havasu
There have already been a lot of responses to this thread, so it's probably pretty useless me responding, however, I'll respond anyway as I feel I can give a view point that hasn't been put forward yet.

Counter Strike is incomparable to Garry's Mod, Garry's Mod is a sandbox based game, based around playing the game-modes that often pertain a sandbox nature, whereas Counter Strike is mainly focused on round based fighting, with the exceptions being surf and bunny hop. For someone with a creative nature, I think Garry's Mod is the best option, especially if you have some coding knowledge or want to begin to learn some basic coding, as some of the GLua syntax is pretty "transferable" or easily adaptable. Garry's Mod has much more opportunities in terms of development and coding in comparison to Counter Strike. I personally get bored of Counter Strike quickly and it's a game I play in phases, the same stands for Garry's Mod, however, I've played it for around 7,000 hours now. Honestly, I'd say, if you're looking to get one or the other, I'd say choose one based on your preference, whether you prefer a Sandbox title or a Shooter title, as an alternative, get both. They're both great games.