Shadow Stalks Me :3

Submitted by Mathias, , Thread ID: 58972

Thread Closed
Mathias
Prime
Level:
Credits:
05-11-2017, 04:58 PM
A cold October day, the leaves whistled, not from the three tops, but from the ground where they lay. With winter nearing, the cold was getting more intense. Halloween, that is today. And yet here I sit, thinking of how I should not be annoyed by the children that eventually comes to knock for candy, thinking they might look cute or scare someone. I mean, even if a goblin with the height of 1 meter and 30 centimeters came after me, I still would not be scared, much less from small children whose only weapon are their teeth.

I never liked holidays, and I probably never will. This story is more of a recollection of that day, the day when my sleep got obscured by my own insanity, I believe.What was normally going to be an early sleep, ended in my nightmare.

Prepared as I was, I had taken down the doorbell, and made the house look as empty and left as possible. Hoping that no one would ring the bell, and I must say I should have done a pretty impressive job, that night I really did not hear their knocking.

I spent most of the day, on the internet as usual. Horrifying right. I normally do not believe everything I read, but I did stumble upon something terrific. If you have ever heard of lucid dreaming, then you should know the possibilities. You can dream much more intensely, and actually control it. When you dream naturally, you expend a form of energy, which essentially consumes the time in your dream. But when lucid dreaming, you can expend more energy, it is kind of comparign being asleep to awake, you can move your body while awake but not asleep, imagine being able to expend more energy in your dreams, and also control it.

You can create all of your dream scenarios, and test it. I also found it pretty amazing when I sutmbled upon it.

That night, I went to sleep, but I did it in a lucid dream state. Apparently I was lucky. Till' this day, I still count my lucky stars, and as always they are in the minus. Sadly. I had also read about some backlashes to lucid dreaming.

I watched a few thrillers earlier that day, I lied in my bed for almost an hour, completely still. Just thinking, trying to dream. Suddenly the world changed, I did not notice this change, but I just knew I was not in my bed, it was like, a dream but better. I cannot describe it.

What I can describe, is the horror that descended upon me.

I thought I woke up, I was in my bed, I know I was in my bed, but it was dark, no light in the room. I could neither see nor move, but I could hear. A subtle breathing. Stuck in place, I panicked, tried to do everything I could to move. It felt like nothing, all of my effort was nothing. For almost an hour I could hear this breathing above me, fear was no longer primal, I birthed fir from thinking. You never know what to do in situations like these, neither did I. At a moment , I relaxed, and at that moment my eyes opened.

You would think I was close to awakening, but that was false hope for me. What I saw, haunts me everyday, not only in my dreams, it is even behind me as I write. It was huge, more like a shadow, it stood above me, six arms, rangled and thin, it had completely red eyes.

#SadLyfe
I feel like I never awoke :oo

(Note: I suck at thrillers)