RE: I want to write a script for Garrys mod

Obitus
GMS Team
Level:
Credits:
14-01-2018, 04:41 PM
14-01-2018, 05:21 AM
TheAverageLeaker Wrote:
That's almost the exact opposite of what you should do. Definitely watch video's and use the wiki. Learn actual Lua before gLua, otherwise you'll have a learning disability at first. Do not ever ever edit someones code that's basically plagiarism. Look at others code for a reference. Like let's say you can't get your character to do a 360 jump. Instead of copying someone's code, check yours to theirs and see what they did vs what you did. Using others code is not only unoriginal but unprofessional.

Well it is an opinion and I was trying to help. Most content creators on gmodstore learned it this way.
And I assume he already knows how to code other stuff but is just new to GLua.

And I also highly doubt you code anything yourself. You sound like a 15 year old that things he is all it. No offense but you are a bit toxic.
Wouldn't be surprised if you leave a -rep now because you don't understand my opinion.

For the thread creator:

I would love to help you out, we can look at some simple scripts I created and then I will explain some stuff and prove TheAverageLeaker there is also other ways to to learn coding languages Tongue