Garry's Mod Leaks

requesting UpdateNotify

Submitted by ISINAS, , Thread ID: 80870

Thread Closed

RE: requesting UpdateNotify

28-03-2018, 07:38 PM
OwainOwjo Wrote:
Hahaha, I once too was starting out. This was back when gmodstore still banned people for using leaks. I learned the hard way that regardless of "budget", you should still respect the time and effort that people have put into their addons(that you are profiting from). If you're not willing to invest money into a server, don't start a server.

My post wasn't to start drama, but rather an attempt to enforce the same realization for others that I was given 3 years ago. The realization of devs also being people too, who invest time and money into their work, and for that reason, you should have enough respect to pay for their work if you're going to use it.

I can't force you to purchase my addon, and if you use a leak, you use a leak. I'm not going to enforce a DRM or anything like that because I feel that it's an unneeded extreme. I just want people to respect devs and their hard work.

Just my opinion, but who gives a fuck anyways right?

People do respect the Developers. People who are retarded fucks and use scripts their whole time of hosting are dumb. Leaks are temporary and shouldn't be used anymore once you can buy them. We know that Devs are people. But spending $5-$10 on code that they could just spend that on something else on a server that might die. When buying GMod addons, you're taking a risk of wasting money on your server not being successful and probably wasted $20-$100 dollars on scripts for a server and it ended up going unsuccessfully. Yes, I understand if it's a dollar or two then that's plain selfish, but anything out of extraordinary and ridiculous everyone has a budget, if you feel like you're being disrespected because you're leaks are being leaked than put DRM. People also use leaks to get addons that were not obtained anymore. Just look at it, $9 for a hud that can be drawn cheaper? It's like saying don't go to the movies if you're on a budget because the snacks are expensive, and bringing your snacks is disrespectful. Obtaining leaks doesn't mean users are going to 100% keep them. Some are using leaks to see if the script is even worth purchasing, GModstorerefund system is pretty crazy and the fact that you can't get a refund because you can still put the file on your desktop and still refund. I lost $5 on a broken script and the developer of the script was lazy enough to communicatewith me. People need budgets to maintain their spending. We all have different opinions because you're a content creator and I'm just a buyer. I still buy scripts from GModstore, I respect the content creators time and hard work they put into this to make money but I do not support the fact that some people are against leaks. I wasn't either trying to cause drama I was trying to point out a few reasons why people use leaks. Remember it's an opinion, but who gives a fuck anyways right?
[Image: T9B2tgy.png]