The Lounge

So I recently quit smoking

Submitted by Sam Can Drift, , Thread ID: 105326

Thread Closed

RE: So I recently quit smoking

Hi there. Congrats on making the right decision for the betterment of your health, I never tried smoking, but it's always been a thing that's plagued my family members. My aunt was one, and she took up smoking to combat her anxiety and post-traumatic stress. Unfortunately, she only found herself with severe anxiety and an addiction to cigarettes. And with the same way with any other addiction / bother in your mind, the best thing you can do is distract yourself or change what you're currently doing to keep your mind off of it. My aunt used the same tactics she used with anxiety to get her mind off of cigarettes, she didn't quit cold turkey like you supposedly have, but she'd try to reposition herself or she used to practice meditation. I myself (although it isn't cigarettes so I'm not sure if this is too relevant or helpful) got addicted to Adderall in order to focus on my classes on my senior year, and the only way I got over it was every time I felt the cravings creep in I immediately got dressed and went out for some exercise. Still, you're doing a good thing getting away from cigarettes, it's the best thing you can do for yourself and those around you. Stay strong!