Gaming Discussions

What will be the next trend?

Submitted by buzzlight, , Thread ID: 111545

Thread Closed
21-12-2018, 02:24 AM
Fortnite is all over the world now. References in movies and comics are no rarity and theres some merchandise aswell.What trend do you think will kick Fortnite or the general battle royale from the throne? Or in other words, what genre would you like to become more famous so more games like that would getdeveloped in the industry?

I would like to see more space-related games. I know there are really many on steam, but most of them are either survivalor RTSgames. I recently had an idea about a light spaceship simulator, where players compete against each other in doing missions (which CAN lead to a pvp event, but it doesn't need to be.) Something like the PVP-mode from good old X-Wing Alliance. Well I guess that's far too niche and could never compete with battle royale. Smile

Anyways I just wish there would be somesort of a more or less competitivespace game where you play a round for like 30 minutes or something. I really enjoyed the space combat in EA'sBattlefront 2 and I think it could be even better with stuff like cargoing/trading, asteroid field races, bounty hunting etc.