The Lounge

Ever had Sleep Paralysis? Short story, but a true one

Submitted by Green, , Thread ID: 117302

Thread Closed

RE: Ever had Sleep Paralysis? Short story, but a true one

OP
17-01-2019, 12:19 AM
jonbeard Wrote:
What you're describing is not sleep paralysis, however it is a different phenomenon when you are stuck in between your conscious state and unconscious. Sleep paralysis is the same, when your mind is awake but your body is asleep. You physically cannot move, and most people experience what is called "shadow people" - which to this day are not fully understood.

What you experienced was similar, however was REM (rapid eye movement)/Lucid Dreaming with a false awakening . False awakening's can be the scariest of dreams, because you feel like its real life. When I used to get these a lot when I was much younger, I would go through about 3-4 of these. Eventually you start to question reality itself. I eventually grew out of this, but those dreams I still remember 20+ years later. Hopefully these don't become a regular thing with you. If so, start paying attention to the dreams and details and trying to figure out what your subconscious is trying to tell you.

best of luck

Thank you for clearing it up, do you remember any of the experiences you had with False Awakenings?
Please check out the most recent edition of Forum News