Submitted by Bassdrop, , Thread ID: 118640

Thread Closed
Bassdrop
Neurofunk Selecta
Divine
Level:
Credits:
26-01-2019, 09:32 AM
It's no secret that Windows search is absolute garbage...

I used to use Locate32/Locate64 but I switched to Everything about a year ago and now I pretty much can't live without it...

It searches my 12.5mil files aross dozens of drives, including mapped network drives, in the time it takes me to type my query. Indexing is lightning quick, stays updated, and doesn't gobble up resources.

Additionally:
  • Queries can use boolearn operators, regular expressions (RegEx), and much more.
  • Ability to search offline/disconnected volumes using file lists, as well as network drives using folder indexing.
  • In additional to loads of built-in customization options and features, it also includes a CLI (command-line interface), SDK (software development kit) and supports IPC (inter-process communication) so the sky's pretty much the limit on how you can use it.
  • Optional FTP and/or HTTP support for searchingfiles (or even accessing them, if enabled) via a web browser or FTP client.

Oh, and it's free/open source and contains noadware/malware or other bullshit like that.

You can download it here: https://voidtools.com/

Life is like a box of chocolates, it doesn't last as long for fat people.