Submitted by Editit, , Thread ID: 99479

Thread Closed

RE: do you like Fortnite?

kadreyalta
Novice
Level:
Credits:
01-02-2019, 02:44 AM
I don't hate the game or the community; I hate that Epic Games have pushed all of their attention towards milking the franchise for all it's worth while neglecting their other projects.

What I have to show for why I feel the way I do about Epic Games is a screenshot of their negligence to one of their showcase titles back in the day:
[Image: pXbd77G.png]

Not to mention that they have an active development community and still haven't bothered leaving a single person to tend to the GitHub repos:
[Image: iBknSlQ.png]

936 edits to be merged since April 2017. Point to another project out there that has this many updates on the backburner and then figure out how many of them belong to franchises that have received critical acclaim in the world of AAA gaming. That's beyond horrid, hopefully Epic Games comes back to their Unreal Tournament code and starts merging some of these commits and starts pushing their game out of the stagnant open pre-alpha state that it has been in for nearly half a decade (since August 2014 when they first released the pre-alpha to the public).