Gaming Discussions

Expectations in Gaming (Rant)

Submitted by bored, , Thread ID: 120076

Thread Closed

RE: Expectations in Gaming (Rant)

This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 06:46 PM by Zenith
03-02-2019, 06:53 PM
Faded Wrote:
I mean I could understand if they were like hardcover exclusives, but what's the point of collecting ugly plastic boxes?

Smash ultimate, Nier Automata & Kh3 box art isnt ugly

I personally believe that this sort of hype culture is extremely toxic for every form of media, not just video games. Take the "Sweet Victory" Super Bowl thing. Did everybody really think they were going to interrupt a multi million dollar show for a 3 minute SpongeBob bit? And now it's being regarded as terrible even though most of the songs / performances (except girls like you) we're really great.
I feel like although companies contribute to this in some way, the general public has loves to hype things up to unreasonable levels, and companies get trapped. If they don't play along with it and are real, they get berated because it isn't going to live up to it, but if they try and play with it, they get berated because the actual experience isn't like what they played with. Like No Man's Sky, Kh3, etc.
There's never been a time where something extremely jhled has fully paid off. When there's hype, there's going to be disappointment, no matter how good the actual product is. Yet people still have these unreasonable expectations.

[Image: Yp8ZHSk.gif]