Gaming Discussions

Is WOW Classic too niche?

Submitted by Trident3553, , Thread ID: 131345

Thread Closed

RE: Is WOW Classic too niche?

It's a novelty, and only a novelty.

The thing that made WoW so great way back then was the community that grew up around it. That community has moved on, or at the very least been trained out of accepting 40 man raids and awful, unforgiving, punishing mechanics.

As someone who lived through launch, and all of it until cataclysm (because fuck cataclysm. that was the end of it for me), if WoW classic is true to its original self, it's going to really suck. A lot.

I remember having to get 40 lazy assholes together, then hope enough of them aren't drunk or high so a raid can be completed. I remember wiping on garbage RNG mechanics. I remember the complete crap-shoot that was loot (we had a warlock that *never* got a piece of loot from MC thanks to rng). I remember how unbalanced PvP was, and how specific classes were totally useless in that respect. I remember how limited classes were. There were no druid tanks, no druid dps. Druids healed and they liked it or got the hell out. No priest DPS, same reason. You had warrior tanks and that's all they could do because getting more than one gear set was just not going to happen.

So maybe give it a month if it's cheap, but I don't expect you'll like it. The world has moved on from garbage like that. If we still all loved shitty games with shitty loot and shitty mechanics 1) anthem would have done a lot better, and 2) we'd all still be playing the original everquest.