Darko
Hold the door!
Supreme
Level:
Credits:
15-09-2015, 11:40 AM
This post was last modified: 15-09-2015, 03:33 PM by Darko
[Image: ifn881.jpg]

Firstly, if you are new to Mybb, or looking through stylesheets and templates, this is theme makes it really easy. It's so clean and highquality.
I cannot fault it's simplicity. I spent a whole day yesterday changing the colours and sliders. (Sorry can't show them off as mywebsite logo onthem).

I used their background image as a size comparison and created a simplistic background which goes very well! And I also made the theme a darker grey for the nav bar and footer matching the colours from the logo.
[Image: r91h0x.jpg]
[Image: 2v0bd6v.jpg]
I lost the annoying arrow that didn't seem tomove,from the nav bar andthe static arrow from the footer (to keep it its simplistic goodness)

I have kinda got the style of the theme down, just hunting for any odd bits of green I may have missed. I am actually on to the more annoyingbits. I am no coder, and thusly its hit and miss at this stage. I am researching and practising two things I want to implement into this template:
[*]A floating navbar. I have a lot of rescources to help me put this in, I just need to try it out, and implement it. Rather fiddly, it doesn't appear to take much to break a nav bar.

Drop down menu to go into the nav bar: OMG, the one downside to this theme, it doesn't seem to have any way to just code in a drop down menu without breaking the nav bar. Again, I have all the rescources for this. I am just worried it is all going to break on this current forum version. So my plan is to make another page and create the whole floating nav bar with a drop down function from scratch (well not form scratch, thats silly) but with use of the resources I have to hand.

So yes, its a great theme to use you can really turn it into something sweet looking. Its easy on the eye and a great clean layout. Its been a real blast playing around with it, and cannot wait ti implement it on my website. Its a hell of a lot better than my current theme!

[*]
Oh yes, and a big thanks for NSA, helped withprovidingme the resources for some things, and been looking at the previews for me for feed back ^___^

UPDATE:

Yaay, managed to put in a floating navigation, and thankfully no javascript needed. Its simple and good for beginners!

[Image: 282i3ck.jpg]

At first I was wracking my head around this resource: http://www.dwuser.com/education/content/...tion-menu/
It was ok, but when I did exactly what it asked of me, it still didn't work. I also did not like the look of it.

A friend of mine linked me this: http://cssreset.com/creating-fixed-headers-with-css/ he said its simpler, but wont allow for fancy things like scrolling animations. That went over my head, I JUST needed something not so complex for me, hehe. With a lot of live editing and changing / adding random values, I finally sorted it out yay!