Movies, Series and TV

Is Netflix worth the money or streaming is enough ?

Submitted by Androthus, , Thread ID: 105621

Thread Closed

RE: Is Netflix worth the money or streaming is enough ?

amazonos
Level:
Credits:
07-11-2018, 02:30 PM
We got Netflix new half a year ago. We were with Amazon prime before (and still are), but wanted to add more series and more variety (not all series on Amazon prime are for free).
What annoys me most:
- Netflix has an algorithm, that decides, what content is offered "next" for you. It is hard to find real new things, if they are completely different to the ones you watched before. (eg if you watch kids content with your little ones in the afternoon and cartoons, you will barely be offered a Sci-Fi or Horror-Movie with the same account)
- the search function is pretty lame, lokks like a search enginge from the ''90/'00-days...
- focus is on series. A lot of them are produced only for the starving netflix-community. New movies are out, of course. Middle-aged movies and B-Movies are in, but most of them you have probably seen.

To decide what really interests you and what would be possible, try to find a comparision page or app, that gives you an overview, what is shown at which (flatrate-) provider.
I am using a nice app, and if I'm searching for a movie (or in a genre), I first look into the app, and than start lurching around to visit the content provider... Helps saving time and brain power :monkey: