03-12-2015, 09:17 PM
03-12-2015, 09:06 PM
Carpesir Wrote:
03-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Ria Wrote:
03-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Carpesir Wrote:
So god damn cute this bird <3

Oh he has his moments. But the times he is screaming like a 2 year old because he doesn't want to go to bed, can be tiring!

[Image: SKABp4xm.jpg]

Is it hard to have such a bird? Like is it very exausting?

The best advice I can offer, is not to get a bird if you work a lot. Its the biggest downfall I had with mine. I didn't do proper research. I assumed he could amuse himself, but parrots require full on attention. Otherwise they can have some pretty bad behavioural problems, like Damien. He has cage territory issues and screams at people he doesn't like. I don't mean a little squark I mean a full on scream.

Some birds pluck themselves naked from stress, but Damien has not. I have put in a lot of work to try and make up for the lack of time I gave him early on. But its still a major process.

Do your research, meet your bird before you buy it, another thing I did wrong. I thought I was buying someones pet, who was tame, thats what was said on the phone. But it turned out, he was not tame, very frightened of people. I think he must have either been bred in an aviary or wild caught. I was very much scammed. But oh well, I love him, even if he has his moments.

Birds are wonderful pets, very intelligent and can provide a lot of people with companionship. If you have the time for one, it isn't difficult at all. You gotta start out slow, talking with them, finding out what they like, whats their fave food. Its like a full on commitment.

This breed, Indian Ringneck's are rather easy to get a hold off. Try get them young rather as adults, but to be honest if you adopted an adult that would be good too cos it will ensure it has a nice home, a lot of birds like these get passed around like candy, because the owners do what I did, buy it without even realising what they are getting themselves into. But I couldn't do that to my animal, I don't expect him to change but I changed myself to ensure he has a good life with me, but most dick and harry would simply rehome their 'bad' bird.

Conures make lovely pets, they are similar size, to ringnecks too, lovely birds!

Birds feed of your energy, if you go in there all hyped, or all nervous they pick up on it. So thats another thing to remember. If you are unsure about a parrokeet, definitely consider a cockatiel, they are smaller, their bites hurt less and are just as (even more in some cases) smart!

Oh yeh, Damien's bites can pierce skin, he has had me on a few occasions, but now he simply nibbles. Birds are destructive, ensure lots of things they have to destroy and rip up :D
[Image: 8ztnc3V.gif]