Website Construction

Does anybody build a website from scratch?

Submitted by kokosto, , Thread ID: 137478

Thread Closed

RE: Does anybody build a website from scratch?

FutileFreedom
Novice
Level:
Credits:
08-11-2019, 06:46 AM
I've never been good with design, graphics or things of that nature so I've always used pre-made templates or themes for things. When I first started programming/coding or whatever you wish to call it, I did my own CSS/html but they were always 1-2 colors, very... bad, I guess you could call it, so I don't really design my own stuff when it comes to graphics, templates, or whatever there. Don't get me wrong, using bootstrap, and my own knowledge in PHP, I am able to create a fully functional website, however, I much prefer using a framework of sorts so that I don't have to waste time re-inventing the wheel of user authentication, database abstraction and all that fun stuff.

Does Bootstrap count as building a website from scratch? I mean, it's there to make life easier so you don't have to do all the extra work of reinventing the css to display a hot looking nav-bar, or neat panel/card to display content. There's been many sideprojects I've had that I would just plop in Bootstrap and go to town rigging together different things to get the outcome desired.