10-12-2015, 04:55 PM
KOOPAOU812 Wrote:
10-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Carpesir Wrote:
10-12-2015, 01:00 AM
KOOPAOU812 Wrote:
10-12-2015, 12:50 AM
ShadowedGrinner Wrote:
KOOPA. The theory is cool and all, but... math... why... why must there be math...

Because Math is quite literally the universal language, and, when dealing with the universe, Math will be involved.

In all honestly, I love math. While not being super good in it, nor have much knowledge about it, I still love it. Reading for example the equation you wrote makes me feel good for some reason.

Also, how often is math used in Physics? I often hear that Physics is one of the hardest things one can study while computer science being one of the easiest, if I now take a look at mathematics for IT 1 I can not imagine how physics math would be

In plain physics Math is pretty standard, the equations make sense as do there variables.

Like F=ma for force, acceleration, and mass. Or (1/2)at^2+Vit+s (the i is in the sub area, meaning initial) this is the position equation, which can be used to find distances, acceleration, time, velocity, and displacement.

With this stuff.... Well, it might just be easier if i show you.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/math/2/0/e/...93.pngThis is a fairly basic looking one, It represents the spacetime of general relativity when concerned with Riemannian manifolds. I dont know what that means, but it sounds interesting and definitely worth a read.

Than we have something like this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/math/8/0/3/...330ca7.png

That is the equation for the general quantum state of n (any amount) of bosons. Now, the majority of this equation is greek, but you can see that there is a wheel and s straight pi in there. I don't know what those mean. at all. Although it would seem part of it is the Sum of the absolute value of Phi Norse wheel to Norse wheel Phi N. (Phi is used in standard physics to represent Azimuth angles, not sure if there is a difference.)

Physics is all math. All really really hard math. The only reason we have these theories is because of Calculus, since we can prove there validity by methods of integration and derivation.

Very interesting, thanks! I love the first equation, the second one is meh imo.

How would you calculate the time an object needs till it hits the ground? I often think about this, yet I do not want to google it because I want to get "my own" equation lol.
I thought up for something like t=om/h*s
Where; t=time the objects needs, om=object mass, h=height of where the object falls down, s=speed of the object