Anti-Leech Trap

Submitted by Metagamer, , Thread ID: 141661

Thread Closed
Metagamer
Level:
Credits:
28-08-2019, 04:29 AM
This post was last modified: 28-08-2019, 04:39 AM by Metagamer
I have seen plenty of leeching in the short time I was here. I thought coming here for content was scummy, but the spam told me otherwise.

Here is a simple enough layer that would ruin any attempt at speedily leaching for content.

the common thing for a leecher to do would spam a thread, and find a dead reply, spam those, reach for the addon.

They would be banned, but what would they care? they got the addon, they think they won. For obvious reasons, someone who is not leaching doesn't need all their content access in the first day.

THE ACTUAL SUGGESTION!

you know how if you haven't released a thread and try to buy content? you get the "leecher detected" (Don't ask lol) ,
well, what if we added another layer, saying you cannot get content until 24 hours have passed since registration. This would scare em slightly XD. they have spammed effortless posts and cannot get their content. They will be banned, and lost the fight.
The point is to not clarify this until they have spammed, If someone hasn't spammed and did actually work on posts all day, than all they need to do is wait a bit, and if you actually involve yourself into the community, than you won't know the msg existed!

This is probably been suggested before, but I think this is the way to shed some light on it.