Computing

What's your favourite programming language?

Submitted by weso, , Thread ID: 142499

Thread Closed

RE: What's your favourite programming language?

Deadboy
Level:
Credits:
18-09-2019, 02:07 AM
Go is nice. I used it for a bit, made some neat projects but honestly it's not as optimized as I'd like it to be yet. Sure, it's fast, but when the binary size if a few meg for Hello World, you need to start wondering how much space is gonna be needed for a much larger project. Since I do a lot of malware dev and analysis, generally payloads need to be pretty small.

But you're right, IPC/ICC and concurrency are a lot of fun to use, and it's nice that I can essentially write my own web server natively with a few lines of code.

I had a decent amount of experience with C for a while, then moved onto python just because I didn't want to be importing weird third-party libraries all the time or reinventing everything every single time I wanted to make a network request. Now, I'm using C++ more and more, have written a few small projects. I still have yet to wrap my head around templates and different standards, but it's proving to be a little easier than straight C. Payload sizes are still pretty small, so that's been fun.

If anything the language I've had the most fun with was JavaScript. Just got done de-obfuscating some BTC-stealing JS script last night. It can get pretty fucky sometimes, but it's definitely fun to use.