The Lounge

Why did you end your first relationship?

Submitted by abysswatcher1, , Thread ID: 156320

Thread Closed

RE: Why did you end your first relationship?

LittleIvan
Level:
Credits:
12-03-2020, 09:35 AM
I broke things off.

One of the more important topics here to follow is, I was not the best version of myself while I was with her.

I routinely complained. Routinely.

It was almost as if every time we spoke, I had something negative to say about a circumstance. I could have done more than bitch, but I didnt. In a way, she almost coddled me to a point where I became complacent.

Several years of complacency, and she wondered why I never summoned enough courage to ask for her hand in marriage.

Admitting this took me roughly 56 years in understanding, this is a journey I have to complete on my own.

She would say things like ?we can do it together, which was partially right. But there are some things leading into adulthood you have to do on your own to measure your own value.

I signed a lease, paying for internet, gas, water, electric, I bought a car, and the list is still continuing.

Until I feel like an adult or a man, then it will be more comfortable with the idea of letting myself go and being vulnerable again.

But its ironic, because right after I felt like things were coming together, I met a woman less than a month ago who brings out the best in me.

She may not know it yet, but I do envision some type of future with her.

Whether it is us dating exclusively, or us being married, who knows.

All I can say is, I like her company, and I like the fact that we met while I was transitioning from being insecure to enjoying what life has to offer is a blessing in itself.

At this point, I want to make the most of any opportunity given to me and not fall complacent.

Lets see where this takes us