An opinion on the post restriction.

Submitted by Oathkeeper, , Thread ID: 172403

Thread Closed
Oathkeeper
Take your heart
Level:
Credits:
19-05-2020, 07:42 PM
With the current situation,a lot of leechers enter here,make 15 posts and then go on their merry way.While a great deal of them are stopped prematurely,a lot of them sadly make it through.However,what we are left with eventually are some awfully bad posts and comments that make everyones experience a little bit worse.

So,what I suggest:
-Up the posts restriction.Make it 30 or something.The effect I hope it will bring is to discourage bad-intented people from even registering and even if they do start their marathon to 30 posts,to give more breathing room for staff members(and Cuddles) to snatch them before they manage to do anything.A possible side effect is that the forum will be gathering more LQ posts and that eventually not as many people as expected willbe prevented.

OR

-Lower the post restriction,to like 5.This way we are basically sacrificing some resources,in favour of making the image of the site more presentable and pleasant.

Of course,there is always the need for more active members,something that if we had more would conceal this problem altogether,but we shall work with what we have.
[Image: 02dc2ff30a91cfba8379da958848db64.gif?fbc...lL9N_QZTaI]
My grand upgrader (thrice): Ninja