Level:
Credits:
14-04-2016, 05:04 AM
This post was last modified: 14-04-2016, 05:08 AM by fdigl
14-04-2016, 03:51 AM
Nazi Wrote:
13-04-2016, 01:10 AM
fdigl Wrote:
If you care about a warranty if you have one, then I wouldn't do this at all. Installing CM will certainly trip the KNOX e-fuse, permanently leaving it in the voided state (0x1).

I'd doubt he'd have a warranty on his phone.

About the e-fuse, can't he use Triangle Away from Chainfire?

That's not how this works. Triangle Away has nothing to do with what happens while the bootloader is initializing nor before it. What Triangle Away does is remove the Samsung OEM alert that is given when it finds that the software has been tampered with, but is deemed safe to proceed in the boot sequence. The KNOX trip is detected before Android even boots, as it can be seen in the phone's "Download Mode". This is an extremely low-level hardware check that's pretty much impossible to get around, and a void code (0x1) pretty much fucks you over in terms of warranty. It's also been speculated that this trip also disables certain functions of the phone's low-level systems, but I can't recall them off the top of my head. The two are very different things and should not be confused. One is temporary and can be fixed with stock firmware, while the other is permanent and irreversible. An e-fuse is something physical. Once something trips it, the fuse burns and is no longer present. This is usually done on secure systems to prevent the use of tampered systems or use of unauthorized software. There is no way to replace the fuse without replacing the entire phone, as it is manufactured WITHIN the main board.

Samsung "Triangle"
[Image: 03.jpg]

Samsung KNOX Tripped
[Image: KNOX-Warranty-Void-0x1.jpg]

BTW that Write Protection mode is the thing that prevents people from installing ROMs not based on TouchWiz/Samsung firmware.