Submitted by fdigl, , Thread ID: 21400

Thread Closed
fdigl
the actual smol girl ?
Õ░åµØÑÒü«Þ¿╝õ║║
Level:
Credits:
29-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Do you use templates? Do you draw concepts and layouts? Do you start from scratch or use a framework/boilerplate? How do you go about attacking a blank canvas? Do you incorporate jQuery, canvas elements, AngularJS, or anything under the sun that's similar? How much PHP do you incorporate into your work? Do you create websites for yourself or for others? Do you work for free or on commission? Do you use art from others or do you create your own art for websites? How proud are you of your work? Do you ever feel finished or satisfied with a site you make? What tools do you use to create the site (image editor, IDE, FTP, etc)? What inspires your work?

I only use templates if requested or if I think the job doesn't warrant a custom job. It's just something to work off of, the actual site usually would look nothing like the template. I start from scratch if I have the time or I can get the job done without anything too fancy, but I use responsive grid systems like Skeleton or Bootstrap when I do need that extra functionality. To attack a blank canvas, I plan the site out using mockups in Photoshop or drawn on paper if it's faster. I only include PHP if it's necessary and in small doses, but if I'm doing something script heavy then the site relies on it. I create sites for both myself and others. Usually I work on commission, but if I've done sites for free before (not advertising myself for free work). I use art only if it's free, made by the client and used on request, or art I've done myself. I'm indifferent about most of my sites, but I come to peace with it if the client likes it. I feel a site is finished if people are happy with it and I feel it serves its purpose just fine. I use Photoshop CC, Brackets/Notepad++, PHP, MySQL, and WinSCP. Sites I browse frequently are my inspiration, usually. Not really into those super-innovative mega-creative artistic sites.

I'd love to hear your responses!