Frontend Development

Is LUA an easy language?

Submitted by url, , Thread ID: 220951

Thread Closed
User Icon
Level:
Credits:
04-10-2021, 07:03 AM
So, i'm in a very heated debate right now about the language LUA.

I know it's an easy language to learn. It's not hard to read pre-made LUA and understand it immediately.
Why I believe it's harder than most languages is because 1. It's a broken language - always creating errors, functions seem to never want to work together, two codes can have the same exact purpose but be written in two totally different ways but you can't just combine the codes or else it'll break.

I don't think it's easy just picking up the language only knowing the basics and creating something extremely advanced.

I know i read and hear "LUA is considerably the easiest language, even easier than Python" -- Okay so why aren't we talking in-depth about the two languages? or LUA compared to another language? It's so easy to learn to create basic functions for LUA but it's extremely hard to create things in any advance type of way due to it feeling almost so restricted in every way.

I have a fair share of coding too. FiveM, Roblox, GMod, WoW. Coded websites, discord bots and currently studying C++ and other languages to better my knowledge on coding languages.

By far, I'd have to say the most difficult language i've worked with is LUA due to it not being as advanced/ up-to-date as any other language.
home of the url