Laptop problems

Submitted by Ninth, , Thread ID: 23153

Thread Closed
Dominus in lucem
Supreme
Level:
Credits:
20-09-2016, 02:01 AM
I have this Acer Aspire laptop that I boughtback in 2013.

Everything like the Battery, HDD, RAM works but the only thing that doesn't is the screen.

Yes, I have removed the ram to see if that was the problem.
Yes, I have disconnected the battery and pressed the power button for a whole 2 minuteswith no results.
Yes, I checked if the computer was outputting something by connecting it to a second monitor by an HDMI cable.

I even changed my operating system to Windows 10because it was running on a beta version of Windows 8.
I checked to see if somehow the display got disabled in device manager which it was, and I ended up enabling it but still nothing.

I have tried everything to get this laptop working but it seems like I can't find a solution. There is a possibility that the screen is broken, but the thing is, the screen is a touch screen so I am assuming that replacing it would cost as much as the initial price of the laptop (I am exaggerating a little bit). It's also very hard to find a display for it since Acer stopped making them.

So I really need someone to tell me if it's worth bringing it to a repair shop or just getting a new laptop.