Thread Closed
Darthstuff
Prime
Level:
Credits:
08-01-2018, 06:52 PM
This post was last modified: 08-01-2018, 08:56 PM by Darthstuff
Hi,
as described in the Thread Title I need help with figuring out this problem. I have Pointshop 2 with all DLC Packages installed but as soon as I open it up it throws the following error very rapidly:
[ERROR] addons/pointshop2/lua/ps2/shared/sh_0_pointshop2.lua:174: attempt to concatenate local 'port' (a nil value)
1. CalculateServerHash - addons/pointshop2/lua/ps2/shared/sh_0_pointshop2.lua:174
2. loadItems - addons/pointshop2/lua/kinv/client/cl_ditemscontainer.lua:110
3. unknown - addons/pointshop2/lua/kinv/client/cl_ditemscontainer.lua:76
I'm just trying to host a server through Garrys Mod's Peer-to-Peer connection to play with some friends but can't get Pointshop 2 to work. If anyone has also experienced this issue before or can help with getting rid of this issue that would be very much appreciated.
As far as I understood the function grabs the hosts IP-Adress and Port number but for some reason the Port returned from my PC is 0 (Null) which makes Pointshop throw this error and not work at all (I can't change Items, wear them, use them, and so on...)
Thanks in Advance
DarthStuff

Ok, I fixed this error by myself now. To fix it open \pointshop2\lua\ps2\shared\sh_0_pointshop2.lua and edit lines 172-175 to look like this:
function Pointshop2.CalculateServerHash( )
local ip = game.GetIPAddress()
return util.CRC( ip )
end
Hope this helps other people with the same error Smile