VirtusGraphics
Shitpost God
Prime
Level:
Credits:
19-02-2018, 11:04 AM
17-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Lukecetion Wrote:
Dither works by automatically adding noise to your gradient, making it appear more smooth. Hence it should (almost) always be one for gradients. That being said, there are other reasons why a gradient looks awful. Which are where you upload it to, what formats you save it in and so on, things like that. If you wanna go and increase the amount of Dither manually, then you'll need to add noise to the gradient manually. You can also try to blur it out, but I haven't had much luck with getting a good result that way myself.

17-02-2018, 09:46 PM
CranK Wrote:
Alright noted! Thank you again for your reply, trying to go more into the details when I post another one here.
Wish you a nice day!

Remember to first of all tick of "Dither" when using the gradient tool in Photoshop.
[Image: l2q9o.jpg]

Before saving you should also 'Convert to Profile' (under 'Edit') and tick of all three checkboxes
if your workspace is anything other than sRGB (you should work in target colourspace to begin with).

If that doesn't do the trick, do the manual noise way. Zoom in on the gradient until right before
you get the pixelgrid, then click "add noise". The 'Uniform' noise is more suitable and more subtle,
so adjust slider down until you can barely see the noise but at the same time still hides the colour banding.
TIP: The changes are live both in the preview window and the document. Click and hold on the preview
window to see "before", and release for "after" (need 'Preview' ticked off first ofc).

The appearance of the type could be due to the image being JPEG, if you based that assessment of the preview.
I prefer the 'Sharp' as everything, on my end at least, is much more defined. You can easily see it on the hyphen.
It's much sharper, as it implies. If it looks blurry, check the size of the type. Sometimes a decimal value can be the cause.