Posted: 13-06-2015, 05:35 PM
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2015, 05:36 PM by Clickbait.)
1) You're using a ripped theme. If you want your forum to get anywhere, using a shit tier paki rip from nulled is not the way to go.
2) You have no money. Seriously, don't even try to start a forum if you're so broke that you can't even afford $5 a month to host your forum on a $5 a month digitalocean VPS. Nobody takes a forum seriously if the owner has no money.
3) You don't know basic web development. The key to keeping your community happy is to keep providing them with what they want, you can't do this if you don't know basic stuff like html or css.
4) You use an overused niche. You made a gaming forum? Wow, cool! So what makes yours better than the thousands that already exist?
5) You know nothing about your niche. Not knowing a lot about your niche is like giving a seminar on a topic you don't know, it just isn't going to work.
6) Your site is literally just a copy of a bigger board. Why would anyone want to join your forum, when they can get the "bigger and better" experience from elsewhere.
7) You have no content. Don't even try to get people to start using your forum if you have no content.
8) Your forum engages in illegal activities, and you have no idea how to host it. Have fun getting your site suspended :noh:
9) You don't post. You can't expect the members of your community to post if you don't post yourself.
10) The only places you advertise are "website showcase" categories on other forums. If your userbase is literally just a small fragment of another forums members, they're going to slowly forget about you and return to the forum they came from.
If any of these ten reasons sounds like you and/or your forum, you should probably delete.
(13-06-2015, 07:51 PM)AndresXZ09 Wrote: Something I hate is when I see new forums with less than 100 posts and they got their upgrade and donation page up and running. Not to mention the groups & awards selling...