Gaming Discussions

What OS is better for gaming?

Submitted by adalani, , Thread ID: 148744

Thread Closed
03-11-2019, 06:29 PM
We all know Mac is pretty horrible when it comes to gaming so: betweenLinux and Windows, which OS is better for gaming?

~Potato Technician

|| Certified Link Tester ||

[Image: gettyimages-909550520.jpg]

RE: What OS is better for gaming?

When linux started it had less support and therefore less games and programs and QC etc. The great thing about gaming on linux though, is so much of what you do will be open source and community based. Linux is also more customizable, but basically every game on steam or otherwise is optimized for PC, and in general you could probably get things to run better on PC. It comes down to what you want really.

almost every game is more optimized on windows , but tbh i love linux way more but the lack of optimization on games makes windows a better choice

obiusly windows is better you can change way more settings way easier

Just don't use MAC for gaming regardless, go for windows.

This thread should say "what version of windows was best for gaming", which I would say 7. Windows XP would have been my first choice but doesn't have the hardware support I would like

windows most defiently is the best system for gaming hands down

Hmm it is quite difficult to answer that question nowadays, Linux is really pushing through with Proton, DXVK and Wine lately, some games gain more fps in Linux than in Windows but gotta say Windows of course is going to have the full support first. Downside of Linux are games that uses third-party anti-cheats, they aren't fully supported yet and many games can't be played due to that as an example: The Crew 2 and Black Desert. Though they are working for compatibility so that's great. Use what you feel more comfortable with Windows and some Linux distros are great nowadays for gaming.

it definitely has to be windows no exception to this

I think windows is good OS for gaming. Because linux don't supports some games