The Lounge

So I recently quit smoking

Submitted by Sam Can Drift, , Thread ID: 105326

Thread Closed

RE: So I recently quit smoking

I still smoke, and will keep on smoking :D I can't resist the temp

Its impossible to quit smoking for me atleast. I've been smoking for 8 years and nothing has helped. Prolly the issue is that I dont have the mentality to quit...

04-11-2018, 06:33 PM
Sam Can Drift Wrote:
Ive smoked for about 8 years now and finally quit after multiple attempts.
Does anyone else smoke in here and if they have quit?
Possibly what methods youve used.
?

My girlfriend did a lot of sports which helped her to forget about smokinh

I personally haven't ever smoked cigarettes in my life, but my Aunti did and after 3 years she tells me that every day she restrains herself from smoking, but that urge is still there. If you don't have that, then that's absolutely awesome man.

Hi there. Congrats on making the right decision for the betterment of your health, I never tried smoking, but it's always been a thing that's plagued my family members. My aunt was one, and she took up smoking to combat her anxiety and post-traumatic stress. Unfortunately, she only found herself with severe anxiety and an addiction to cigarettes. And with the same way with any other addiction / bother in your mind, the best thing you can do is distract yourself or change what you're currently doing to keep your mind off of it. My aunt used the same tactics she used with anxiety to get her mind off of cigarettes, she didn't quit cold turkey like you supposedly have, but she'd try to reposition herself or she used to practice meditation. I myself (although it isn't cigarettes so I'm not sure if this is too relevant or helpful) got addicted to Adderall in order to focus on my classes on my senior year, and the only way I got over it was every time I felt the cravings creep in I immediately got dressed and went out for some exercise. Still, you're doing a good thing getting away from cigarettes, it's the best thing you can do for yourself and those around you. Stay strong!

Lol, damn, and I recently picked it up. I guess you passed the baton over to me :p

I quit smoking 9 years ago.
At some day I found it so disgusting so I can't continue to smoke more.

OP
This post was last modified: 07-11-2018, 10:36 AM by Sam Can Drift
07-11-2018, 07:46 AM
JoelBri92 Wrote:
Lol, damn, and I recently picked it up. I guess you passed the baton over to me :p

My bad man ? everyone will have there time when they know they can quit

07-11-2018, 08:57 AM
Pridelord Wrote:
I quit smoking 9 years ago.
At some day I found it so disgusting so I can't continue to smoke more.
Thats what Im like already. Even the smell is knocking me sick. Best thing Ive ever done quitting ?
Spotify Premium Accounts CHEAP

[Image: ezgif-3-81f02a144d56.gif]

good luck my friend. I have a tobacco shop and every day we see people trying to quit smoking. Almost all people fail.

But with a keen will you will be able to make it.

You also have to think about us and the cigarette industry. When everyone stops smoking, we become unemployed.

congrats my dude. keep up staying off it, it may get hard but you got this