The Lounge

Security over Freedom?

Submitted by Bubble, , Thread ID: 110191

Thread Closed

RE: Security over Freedom?

this new Aussie Encryption law crap is doing me head in. Now we have to hide like cocoroaches

Freedom is way better than security security that dosent take freedom away is great too always be prepared

For me ,security is more of a state of mind. I can feel secure when i have all my freedom rights maybe.

17-12-2018, 03:25 PM
smart1995 Wrote:
i think if we can balance between the two that will be batter

I have nothing to hide but i get where you come from.

Balance is required, otherwise we might find ourselves going down a slippery slope.

Id take security over freedom, but that could depend on what I wouldnt be free to do for that security. Some people need that freedom to commit some dreams thatll help them Rest In Peace. If your talking about gun rights then yeah for sure, I would definitely take gun rights away for security. Only person who could ever take away our freedom is God, no matter what the government says theyre all human. And humans do pretty bad things sometimes.
[Image: kIUMLa.gif]
[Image: tPxaAG.gif]

security and freedom are both privileges. to get security, you must sacrifice some level of freedom

I think security over freedom could cause more damage to a country than freedom over security.

I personally prefer a happy medium. We absolutely need security, but we also need to make sure that the security never oversteps its bounds. The United States was founded on freedom, and we really started losing that after 9/11 in my opinion.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I think freedom is a lot more valuable to me. I want to live a free life and not be tied down, even if it means sacrificing some security