RE: [Guide] Ripping models from Sketchfab

shinobi_
Level:
Credits:
26-03-2021, 05:26 PM
This post was last modified: 26-03-2021, 05:27 PM by shinobi_
21-03-2021, 09:13 PM
TonyChopper Wrote:
I managed to rip the modelbut I couldn't really get the UV's working correctly. Can you elaborate a bit?

Sure no problem.

So on my earlier attempts, all the UVs came outup messed up too.

First rip the files from the site using the browser. Rename the files, removing the .gz extension from the end. Install Python 2.6 (64-bit for x64 systems).

Import the osgjsinto Blender 2.49 by dragging the blender249.blend file onto the application. This will import the model data. Save the file as something else.

When you run Ninja Ripper, there are a few options on what exactly you want it to rip. If you hit F9, it will extract only the textures from the model. But if you hit F10 you cando what it calls a Forced rip. This will rip all the data, including models. Just like the DDS textures, you'll end up with a series of randomly named files with filenames like "Mesh0000.rip" (numbers will be different).Among these, one or two of them will be much larger than the rest. One of those will be your mesh data.

You then import the mesh0000.rip and DDS texturefiles into Blender 2.8. When you do, you'll see the vertices will be all messed up. Ignore that, the UVs should be in tact. Just proceed and import the file (the one you just saved out of Blender 2.49, containing your mesh) into the project with it.

Now you'll have a Blender 2.8 project with your mesh.rip, dds textures, and the osgjs file all in one project.
Just drop the DDS textures onto the osgjs mesh. The UVs should line right up.

I presume the reason it works isbecause behind the scenes, the osgjs and mesh.rip contain the exact samedata, but NinjaRipper corrupts the transformssomewhere along the way... OrSketchfab altered their code to prevent peoplelike us, doing stuff like this. :D