The Lounge

Pew Pew Bang Bang

Submitted by Bubble, , Thread ID: 112559

Thread Closed

RE: Pew Pew Bang Bang

24-12-2018, 08:36 AM
ExiledSource Wrote:
'law abiding citizens' is pretty much.. they just "have a clean record.." That doesn't mean they aren't dangerous..

So to me; no. Americans are complete idiots, and most will shoot someone for a completely retarded reason.
Example: Read the news
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/13/us/je...trial.html
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-can...kflip-move

My computer's too overloaded to look for more examples.. Tongue

"Americans are complete idiots" that's a rather strong opinion you have there. Gun violence is an issue to any extent in countries where citizens have ease of access to guns. Numerous people are killed by such things daily in nearly every country. Not all countries where a large percent of the population are gun owners have documentation on a majority of citizens or gun related crimes and murders that have and continue to take place. To simply say a country is full of complete idiots based off the fact they have many documented cases of gun violence or accidents taking place is preposterous. Do you have any idea how many people have been killed by guns for something as outrageous as giving someone an unwelcome attitude in many countries? In the year of 2016 there were 385,000 documented deaths due to gun violence in the United States. 87,000 gun violence related deaths were recorded in Pakistan in the year of 2016. The United States has a much higher literacy rate than Pakistan. This goes to show the amount of violent gun related deaths has very little connection to how intelligent country's citizens are. There are many more factors that play into how many violent gun related deaths take place than solely levels of intelligence... I could go on for days while providing proper evidence, however, I'm lazy as hell. I'm getting too lazy to continue dragging this on but the United States has a much larger population than Pakistan as well as a much higher percentage of citizens that own guns. This plays a major role in why the United States has a much larger number of recorded and violent gun related deaths than Pakistan. Your conclusion should have been something more along the lines of "humans are idiots" rather then singling out a specific country to call idiotic. You also generalized the ideal of having guns in home for self protection purposes to that of a much more broad array of coincidences such as crimes that have taken place outside of those homes. There is possibly hundreds of thousands of factors and forms of statistic based evidence that could go into play about this topic or even what this response itself has covered. All the evidence you have included takes place outside of people's homes for one... Well I'm going to end it here before I continue to ramble further. Your argument lacked in many aspects.

Sources:
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod...-countries
As well as general knowledge you can look up because I'm far too lazy