Garry's Mod

Is it Profitable to run a GMOD Server?

Submitted by Snowwire, , Thread ID: 89073

Thread Closed

RE: Is it Profitable to run a GMOD Server?

Karisma231
Level:
Credits:
23-05-2018, 09:21 AM
22-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Nitch Wrote:
I wouldn't make a profit for it and here's why. Mainly, I wouldn't use it for a job or a way to make money. It will not generate enough money to do so. Unless you run servers that have easily 1000+ players in a group alone don't count on it. It can be profitable, but it's a high gamble. The number of add-ons and ideas and struggles you will come across will be in your way. It's easy to disregard my words, but I've owned and Operated countless communities and have made some serious cash, but I used that to fund better add-ons, private Hosts, and custom content. It's about doing it because you like to, not because you like the money that comes into your PayPal you will inevitably lose to better fund this project. Please, don't try to turn gmod into a business; you will fail.

wise words. but i agree with you. one needs to run multiple servers. with 100+ slots per server to make a decent amount of money. running gmod servers is like an extra money it's like why not do it.
if you're not experienced though. you will have a hard time and will probably quit mid way.