Posted: 31-05-2015, 06:06 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 06:49 PM by VAHID.
Edit Reason: Update link
NOTICE: This is the "Lite" version of the Rules app. All features are enabled, however you may only create up to 10 rules.
The Rules application makes it possible for you to create customized workflows, automation routines, manipulate content, send emails, create conversations, post content, manage members, apply filters, redirect pages, and generally perform any standard operation on your site… all in an automated way based on rules that you create for your site.
Example Rule # 823:
· WHEN: New content is posted
· IF: Content author’s post count equals 1
· THEN: Send “Congratulations, Welcome to our community!” email
Rules also allows you to attach new “custom data” fields to any member, content container, or content type in your system which you can use to create all new features and behaviors on your site that go beyond what was ever imagined with the core IPS suite.
Example Rule Set #56:
For example, you can create a new “integer” data field for members and call it “Prestige”. Then you can create a rule such as:
· WHEN: Reputation is given
· IF: Member giving reputation belongs to the “Elder” member group
· THEN: Add the reputation value to the member’s “Prestige” field
Congratulations, you’ve just created a brand new type of reputation system. And to take that example a step further, you could write another rule such as:
· WHEN: Member’s “Prestige” is updated
· IF: “Prestige” is greater than 100 (and) Member is not already an Elder
· THEN: Change the members group to Elder
You have just created a whole new social promotion system within your community! The possibilities of what you can do with rules are only limited by your imagination.
· Over 500 built in events, conditions, and actions for stock IPS products and contributed apps.
· Rule actions can be configured to happen in real time or at a future time.
· Schedule and unschedule actions from inside of rules or manually through your ACP.
· Built in lists of “replacement tokens” for including variable data in text entry fields (like email content)
· Fully extensible by other apps and plugins to add new tokens, events, conditions, and actions.
· Look for Rules Expansion Packs in the marketplace which add new events/conditions/actions.
· Create your own custom actions within the rules app which can be invoked by rules.
· Create your own custom data fields for any entity on your site to manipulate with rules.
· Rules can be grouped together into rule groups and rule sets for easy management.
· Easily import and export rules and sets to share with friends or distribute as your own rule packs.
· Built-in rule debugging console for full visibility of what your rules are doing on your system.
· Built in rules error and performance logging console.
Standard Content Driven Events
· Content has been created or updated
· Content has been approved
· Content has been pinned / unpinned
· Content has been featured / unfeatured
· Content has been locked / unlocked
· Content has been hidden / unhidden
· Content has been reported
· Content has been deleted
· Content author has changed
· Content Item has been published / unpublished
· Content Item has been moved
· Content Items are being merged
· Content Item tags have been updated
· Content Item is being viewed
Standard Custom Events
· Custom data has been updated
· Custom event has been triggered
Standard Member Driven Events
· Member logged in / out of system
· Member account is created
· Member profile is updated
· Member is flagged as spammer
· Member account is validated
· Member accounts being merged
· Member account is deleted
· Member receives reputation points
· Member has been given a warning
Standard Global Events
· Any record is created or updated in the database
· Any record is deleted from the database
· Any page is being viewed
Standard Content Conditions
· Content is of a certain type
· Content has a particular status ( pinned, locked, featured, etc )
· Content has a particular author
· Content has particular tags
· Content attribute values ( comment count, start date, last post, etc )
· Content is in a particular container ( Forum, Category, etc )
Standard Member Conditions
· Member is in certain member group(s)
· Member has a particular status ( validated, banned, etc )
· Member attribute values ( post count, join date, title, etc )
· Member is following another member
· Member is ignoring another member
Standard Global Conditions
· String values ( starts with, contains, ends with, etc )
· Number values ( greater than, less than, equal to, etc )
· Truth values ( is true, is false, is not empty, etc )
· Value type ( string, integer, currency, etc )
· Array (list) values ( list length, list contains, etc )
· Date comparisons ( before, after, on, etc )
· Object comparisons ( object class, object subclass, etc )
· Board Status ( Offline / Online )
· Execute Custom PHP Code
Standard Content Actions
· Modify content tags ( add to, remove from, set explicitly )
· Pin / unpin content
· Feature / unfeature content
· Lock / unlock content
· Hide / unhide content
· Delete content
· Change content author
· Move content to a new container
· Create new content
· Create new comment
Standard Custom Actions
· Trigger custom action
· Update custom data value
Standard Member Actions
· Change primary group of member
· Add secondary group(s) to member
· Remove secondary group(s) from member
· Set secondary group(s) on member
· Change member title
· Flag / unflag member as spammer
· Ban / unban member
· Prune member
Standard Global Actions
· Send an email
· Create new private conversation
· Create new member notification
· Display inline message on page
· Redirect to another page
· Delete a scheduled action
· Execute Custom PHP Code