Warnings and how to avoid them
Thread about how to report and how to avoid getting reported and warned.
Most of them are listed here, if something is unclear, feel free to reply and ask.
These aren't final. We might change it up a bit, we might have missed something or made a mistake, but this is as close as you'll get to the explanations.
- Broken links to downloads (If the thread is 'CLOSED', do not report it)
- Viruses (Do a scan, add a link of the virus scan to the report. Use virustotal here)
- Advertising your site/service (+2 warning points)
- Posting in the wrong section (+1 warning points)
- Fake vouch or credit vouch (+2 warning points)
- Harassment, abuse - Low (+1 warning points)
- Harassment, abuse - High (+2 warning points)
- Spamming - Low (+1 warning points)
- Spamming - High (+3 warning points)
- Reputation Abuse (+3 warning points)
- Report abuse (+1 warning points)
- Post Etiquette (+1 warning points)
- Marketplace Violation (+3 warning points)
- Leeching - Low (+1 warning points)
- Leeching - High (+2 warning points - possible 3 day ban)
- Failing to use format (+2 warning points)
- Flaming - Low (+1 warning points)
- Flaming - High (+2 warning points)
- Gang rep and buying reputation (Repfuck)
- Blackhat Activity (+3 warning points)
- Marketplace Activity outside the marketplace (+1 warning points)
- Credit Abuse (+1 warning points)
- URL Shortening (+1 warning points)
Explaining some warning reasons:
If you added a vouch to someone, but didn't actually purchase anything.
Vouching for a credit transaction.
Stalking someone, lying about them, constantly badmouthing, threatening.
Posting under minimum character limit.
Only image reply.
Post contains random characters or many smilies.
Constantly getting warned for spamming.
Trying to buy reputation.
Asking for reputation anywhere.
Exchanging reputation for anything.
Accusations of scamming, without posting proof.
Harassment in reputation reason.
Reporting content that doesn't break rules or isn't listed anywhere else.
Failing to write a proper report reason.
Constantly reporting content (Spamming).
Reporting content that's older than a month (exception: viruses, personal information, major rule breaking).
Reporting threads with broken links when the thread is marked as closed.
Using reports to contact staff, use PM's.
Posting low quality replies.
Quoting a post without a reply.
Bypassing minimum character limit.
Offtopic or unneeded reply.
Low quality posting.
Lying or trolling on a sales thread and/or discussion thread.
Posting on a few threads which contain 'premium' content.
Low quality replies on threads.
Massive amount of taking content without contribution.
Ignoring previous leeching warnings.
Not using the proper format in the ask staff sections, deal disputes and award requests.
Multiple people planning and/or succeeding to negative OR positive rep a member.
Advertising your own site in your signature, usertitle, username or posts is forbidden.
Anything illegal, besides cracking and ripping.
Doing anything marketplace related with users offsite and not in the appropriate section.
Spamming credits or just using them in the way they're not intended to be used.
Shortening your URL on your leak threads.
Edit by Aoki - Explaining Warning Levels, Warning Points and Bans
Whenever you receive a warning, warning level is added to your account. You can either see this as warning level or warning point, the name doesn't really matter but might confuse someone.
The max warning level someone can reach is 100% (10 Points).
If you receive a warning with 2 points, you'll receive 20% warning level. If you receive a warning with 3 points, you'll receive 30% warning level and so on.
- Tempban: 30% (3 Points)
- Permban: 100% (10 Points)
*Note: The tempban lasts for 2 days.